When you drink as much coffee as I do, then you start looking for creative ways to re-purpose coffee grounds and K-cups. Instead of tossing them in the trash, there are so many more fun and creative ways to use them. Not only are K-cups great for starting seedlings before transferring to a garden, but they also make cool hanging planters for small spaces or a learning project for your toddlers!
This creative mom at Entirely Smitten, made her K-cups into custom stampers for the kids!
My son is currently fascinated by insects, especially ladybugs and likes to bring them inside and watch them. I love the idea of making a bug observatory from a K-cup!
And if you’re really feeling crafty and need a creative space to store all your k-cups, check out this awesome DIY K-Cup Chalkboard Organizer from AFewShortCuts.com!
How many of you re-use your coffee grounds? Did you know that coffee grounds can be re-used for all sorts of useful things around your home? So while you’re prepping your use K-Cups for other projects, be sure to save those used coffee grounds too and try some of these handy hosuehold tips:
- Use as mulch and work well with acid-loving plants like roses, azaleas, rhododendrons, evergreens, hydrangeas and camellias
- Creates a great environment for bait worms or in your compost. Mix the grounds in with the soil and then add the worms. The nutrients in the coffee extend their lifespan!
- Placing a bowl of dried coffee grounds in your refrigerator can neutralize odors from spoiled food.
- Adding coffee grounds to your garden will deter cats from using it as a litter-box while also repelling ants and slugs.
- Make a non-toxic roach trap by filling a large glass jar with 1/4 of water. Place a small cup containing wet coffee grounds inside the jar and place it next to a wall. The roaches are attracted by the smell, but will drown in the water!
What ways have you found to re-use your coffee grounds and K-cups? Where is your favorite place to shop for K-cups? I get mine from Cross Country Cafe. They recently sent me the Keurig B145 Brewer and a few boxes to keep me fueled and I can’t thank them enough! My favorite so far is the Donut House Chocolate Glazed Donut. It smells SOOOOO good!!
If you're looking for more free printable coupons, you can see the most recent ones blogged about here or search for exactly the one you want using our free searchable coupon database!