It is go time for heading back to school! Are you ready? We are set with clothes; the only thing left is to stock up on lunch food items. My favorite place to go is Costco for bulk food items for lunches. Although any warehouse club you shop at is great for lunch food stocking.
Here are some great lunch items that can be bought in bulk:
- For Megan’s lunches we always purchase her milk in bulk. The cartons of milk are shelf stable so the worry of milk going bad is not a concern.
- I also like to get peanut butter and jelly sandwiches without the crust in bulk, although this is not always a priority. This is just a fun item for her, but I can just as easily make a PB&J sandwich for her.
- I like to add the applesauce squeezers to her lunch as well. Again, these are shelf stable so I am not concerned with it going bad while it is in her lunch bag. Plus I like that these are already self-contained so I do not have find a container to scoop applesauce into. Lastly, they are not messy.
- Pre-packaged Organic Apple Slices are another great addition to either her lunch or to give her for her daily fruit snack break. These do hold up nicely between for the morning between getting added to her lunch bag and the time she eats.
- I also do enjoy purchasing the bulk sized individual packages of carrots with ranch sauce. The healthier I can make her lunches the better!
- Some healthy snack type items I like to add to her lunches are pretzels, cheese crackers and gold fish. I do purchase these in a big container and then just put a handful in a reusable snack bag in her lunch bag.
Along the line of lunch ideas, I have always used reusable lunch bags, sandwich bags, and snack bags. Everyday I run her used sandwich and snack bags through the dishwasher and throw her lunch bag in the washing machine at the end of every week.
Also, this is the last week AT&T Back-to-School Sweepstakes! You can enter to win some really cool prizes, such as an iPad, Paintbrush Stylus, Alarm Clock Speaker for Android, Android cell phones, and more. Good luck!