If you’re the average parent, or recluse, date nights are few and far between. In order to keep my sanity and a resemblance of a spark in the our relationship my husband and I love to have date nights at home. We wait until our little one is tucked away in bed then it’s time to cuddle on the couch, snack on popcorn and watch a movie.
If you use Movies on Demand you don’t even have to leave the couch to rent a movie. I just go to Channel 1 or hit the “Movies on Demand” Button and order with my remote. It also means that we get to go thru the 15min debate over what to watch from the comfort of the couch. You know which one I’m talking about; it looks like this:
“No you pick.”
“Okay, what about this one?”
“No, I don’t like that one.”
One way we settle it is by check out which movies are playing that aren’t even out on Blu-Ray or DVD yet. You really did read that right. Movies on Demand has movies before they comes out on Blu-Ray or DVD. Don’t worry, our friends didn’t believe us either. Lucky for you we have proof, new comedy Jeff, Who Lives at Home is a prime example.
The hilarious film Jeff, Who Lives At Home was out On Demand on June 15th, (a whole four days before it was available on Blu-ray and DVD!) —which is perfect if, like Jeff, you don’t get out of your mother’s basement much.
On his way to the store to buy wood glue, Jeff looks for signs from the universe to determine his path. However, a series of comedic and unexpected events leads him to cross paths with his family in the strangest of locations and circumstances. Jeff just may find the meaning of his life…and if he’s lucky, pick up the wood glue as well.
Jeff is played by the ever funny Jason Segel. I first fell in love with Jason’s adorable, quirky characters in How I Met You’re
Mother and I Love You, Man. However, I had no idea he was also a screenwriter (yes, he wrote the latest Muppets Movie!), composer, puppeteer, musician and even an ordained minister!I think it’s safe to say the man is a Jack-Of-All Trades.
For instance, according to IMDB, during an interview with Opie and Anthony, when they were on 104.1 WBCN in Boston, he stated that the Dracula musical with puppets, as well as being broken up with while naked, were real experiences he personally wrote into the movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Jason does not cease to surprise me.
The movie also stars Judy Greer (who is from my home state of Michigan) and the Susan Saranden.
I have not yet seen “Jeff, Who Lives At Home” but after seeing the cast I really am looking forward to it. Plus, to make this laugh-out-loud comedy even better, we’ve got everything you need to throw your very own “You Don’t Have To Leave Your House-Party!”
One lucky reader will receive a $25 Visa Gift Card and a Jeff, Who Lives at Home Prize Pack viewing kit.
This at-home viewing kit includes a branded backpack and koozie, bags of candy, potato chips, a t-shirt that says “The first step to finding your destiny is leaving your mother’s basement”, “Hello, My name is Kevin” name tags and wood glue (trust us, the last two will make sense when you see the movie).
How to Enter to Win
- Leave a comment below letting me know what movie from the Movies on Demand Summer Schedule you are most looking forward to seeing.
- Take a looksey at the Facebook Page buttons below. You need to clickity click on the ones you have not “liked” yet (easy cheesy!)
- Now do the same for the Twitter buttons below – make sure you are following them all.
- If you use Pinterest, you’ll get an extra entry by following me!
- Okee dokes! Now you’re ready to use the Rafflecopter form to record your entries (make sure you did all of the above first!). There are plenty of ways to earn a ton of entries in this giveaway :) To start, click on the first button that says “DO IT” and complete the task!
Must be over 18 to enter, US residents only. Giveaway ends July 6, 2012 at 12:01am EST. Winner will be chosen and notified by email within 72 hours of giveaway close. Winner must respond to winning email notification within 48 hours or another random winner will be chosen. You can also check back here to see who won once the contest ends :)
The Movies on Demand Summer Schedule
You should also check out this list of some of what Movies On Demand has to offer this summer. I was SO excited to see that Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows came out and I can’t wait to see Mirror, Mirror!
- Chely Wright Wish Me Away 6/1 – 7/30
- Anderson Silva: Like Water 6/1 – 8/6
- Safe House 6/5 – 10/31
- Act of Valor 6/5 – 12/5
- John Carter (3D) 6/5 – 10/21
- Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (3D) 6/5 – 11/4
- Machine Gun Preacher 6/5 – 12/5
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows 6/12 – 11/11 (P.s. LOVED this movie. I can’t wait to watch it again)
- Tyler Perry’s Good Deeds 6/12 – 10/18
- Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 6/12 – 9/12
- In Darkness 6/12 – 9/12
- The Hedgehog 6/12 – 10/18
- Thin Ice 6/12 – 11/24
- Jeff Who Lives at Home 6/15 – 9/29
- The Woman in the Fifth 6/15 – 9/17
- Big Miracle 6/19 – 11/28
- Project X 6/19 – 11/18
- Wanderlust/Wanderlust Bizarro Cut (HD Only)6/19 – 11/28
- A Thousand Words 6/22 – 9/29
- 21 Jump Street 6/26 – 9/26
- The Artist 6/26 – 10/9
- Mirror Mirror 6/26 – 12/26
- Wrath of the Titans (3D) 6/26 – 11/25
The Twitter Party
Please join us for some fab fun and prizes during our Movies on Demand Twitter Party.
July 5th at 8pm ET
This sponsored post was made possible by Mom Spark Media. I was compensated for my time investment and work on this campaign. Thoughts are my own. All prizing for MSM giveaways is handled by a third party unless otherwise noted. For this reason prize fulfillment can take up to 90 days after the winners information is received.