Summer is passing by quickly and the start of a new school year is right upon us. I am so not prepared for the kids to go back to school yet. In hearing other moms talk, they have already started doing their back-to-school shopping. If they have not done it yet, then they plan to this weekend. Once I heard this, all of the things I need to get started swarming around in my head. I thought it best to make a list of what I need to get so I do not forget. My children are in preschool, and elementary school. The preschoolers do not have any school supply requirements, but the 4th grader does! I would like to share that list with you, in hopes that it is usefully for you!
I love getting items that can be mix-and-matched. I always try to buy shirts that go with multiple shorts, pants, and skirts. School shoes are a must. I buy a good pair of gym shoes and then one good pair of regular shoes. Also, I cannot forget to buy new socks.
This is the part of shopping I feel always needs to be done early otherwise you miss out on the “popular” designs and colors. Luckily, we do get a list of supplies that are needed for each grade level at my daughter’s elementary school. The list gets longer and longer with each grade, here is what she has on her 4th grade list:
- Post-It 3×3 sticky notes, multicolored 100 sheet/pad
- (2) Yellow highlighter markers
- Clipboard, hardboard, letter size
- Roll paper towels, 2-ply
- (2) Black Erasable Paper mate pens
- 5” scissors, pointed tip
- Box 16-count Crayola crayons
- (24) #2 sharpened pencils
- 12” centimeter/inch ruler – center holes
- Package 120-pack filler notebook paper – 8 x 10.5 wide rule
- (3) Large size Glue Sticks
- (2) Large boxes of tissues
- Box 12-count colored pencils 7”
- (3) Packages index cards, 4 x 6, ruled, 100/pack, in white
- Box 8-count Crayola Washable Markers Wide Tip Classic Colors
- Box 8-count Crayola Washable Markers Fine Tip Classic Colors
- (5) Notebooks, wide ruled, spiral, 70 count, assorted colors
- (3) Sturdy paper folders 2 pockets (blue, red, green – not plastic, no center clips)
- Eraser, pink large
- (2) Durable (poly) expanding file, letter size with 13 pockets
- Headphone set for computer lab – with mini-phone 3/5 mm connectors in a labeled quart Ziploc bag
- Container Clorox disinfection wipes
- Assignment book (purchased at school)
- Backpack – No rolling backpacks
- Pair Gym shoes
- Art smock (mom or dad’s old shirt)
- Package of quart size Ziploc/Glad bags
Since we are on the topic of back-to-school, AT&T is running a back-to-school sweepstakes right now. They are offering some really cool prizes for school, such as tablets, smartphones, headphones, digital picture frames and more. These are way beyond the scope of what my children need, but they are great nonetheless. And, they quite possibly could be something one of your children need.
Each week, from now through September 16, AT&T is giving away a “must have” back-to-school device to five lucky winners! Enter here for a chance to be one of the five lucky winners!