These Happy Turtle Cakes are the perfect treat for a Finding Nemo themed birthday party, as a cute way to let your little squirt know “You Rock” or to make before you head out to see Finding Nemo 3D.
|Squirt Happy Turtle Cakes||
- Sour Peach Gummi Rings candies
- Gumdrop candies (red and green)
- Spearmint Leaves candies
- Mini chocolate chips
- Wooden kitchen skewer or toothpick
- Frost the cupcakes.
- For each cupcake, slice off and discard the bottom half of a red gumdrop.
- Place the gumdrop top on the center of a Gummi Ring to create a turtle shell.
- Set the shell atop the cupcake, pressing down slightly to stick it in place.
- For fins, slice a Spearmint Leaves candy in half.
- Then use an oval fondant cutter to cut each half into two pieces, as shown.
- Use the outer pieces for the front fins and the inner pieces for the hind fins.
- For the head, use a kitchen skewer or toothpick to poke eyeholes in the sides of a green gumdrop.
- Press a mini chocolate chip into each hole, using a dab of white icing to help hold it in place.
- Set the head in place, again pressing down slightly so that it sticks to the frosting.
Thanks, Disney Family!