We just purchased our first home a little over a year ago and ever since, it has been one renovation after another. Because we spend the least amount of time in the bathroom, it’s the last area of the house to be completed. Right now our bathroom is ugly. The floors are still concrete and the wall is a paneling that we painted over. The genius who built the house put a window in my shower..seriously, a window. So my bathroom, in a word, is a hotmess.
Bathroom renovations can be expensive and daunting, but if you’re on a budget or just wanting a light makeover, one of the easiest ways to change your look is by simply changing your fixtures and adding a fresh coat of paint. Which is exactly what we’re doing until we can make our complete renovation this summer.
The choices of faucets, light fixtures, hanging racks and shower heads seems endless. In our house, we always narrow it down by brands we can trust and one of them is Danze.
We ended up choosing the Danze 503E - 3 function showerhead. It’s hard to believe this 4” showerhead with 56 jets actually uses 20% less water than a standard shower head! The 3 functions: wide, centerjet and aeration, are all equally wonderful and with the easy guide selector switching them only takes a flick of the wrist. My favorite is definitely Centerjet. When those hot sprays of water start working out the kinks in my neck and back, I forget all about the fact that it saves 20% more water and start thinking about how long I can stay in there until I wrinkle like a prune.
What I love most about the Danze 503E Shower Head is that it’s headache free. The 56 jets are powerful but easy to clean and the brass ball joint makes switching from my husband’s height to mine or finding those hard to work out knots a cinch. However, the biggest winning point is that even the most helpless DIY’er can switch out this shower head with just 2 tools (a wrench and plumbers tape) and these 3 easy steps.
- We removed our old, outdated showerhead and cleaned any debris from inside the shower arm and around the shower arm threads. Then we ran water to flush risdual drebis from inside the arm. This is particularly important if you have hard water or lime build up. It will keep that debris from blocking the flow of your new showerhead.
- We wrapped threads of shower arm with plumber’s tape – just 4 or 5 passes around is all you need. This tape just helps to really lock the shower head on and prevent leaks.
- Finally we attached the new showerhead to the arm by turning it clockwise. Then my husband tightened it down with a wrench.
Just like that – we were done! My husband insisted on installing this before his took his shower so that he could be the first to use it and he definitely appreciated all the awesome features it has to offer . My end goal for my bathroom is to be an oasis, where I can relax and pamper myself (for a girl on a budget, what better way to save money?) and this shower head definitely pampers me. Plus, it can easily be re-installed once our new shower system gets here!
One lucky reader will win a Danze 503E - 3 function showerhead of their own!
How to Enter to Win
- My giveaways are for my awesome loyal readers :) The only way for me to verify that this is indeed who you truly are, is to check and make sure you are subscribed to my daily deals newsletter. So please confirm your subscription or sign up right here :) Thank you!
- Leave a comment below letting me know what you found most valuable from the above review.
- Take a looksey at the Facebook Page buttons below. You need to clickity click on the ones you have not “liked” yet (easy cheesy!)
- Now do the same for the Twitter buttons below – make sure you are following them all.
- If you use Pinterest, you’ll get an extra entry by following these two accounts!
- Okee dokes! Now you’re ready to use the Rafflecopter form to record your entries (make sure you did all of the above first!). There are plenty of ways to earn a ton of entries in this giveaway :) To start, click on the first button that says “DO IT” and complete the task!
Must be over 18 to enter. Giveaway ends July 1, 2012 at 12:01am EST. Winner will be chosen and notified by email within 72 hours of giveaway close. Winner must respond to winning email notification within 48 hours or another random winner will be chosen. You can also check back here to see who won once the contest ends :)
Thank you to Danze for sponsoring this giveaway. Deals4Dummies is not responsible for sponsor prize shipment.