- Juice from 2-3 large POM Wonderful Pomegranates*, or 1 cup POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Garnish (Optional):
- 3 tablespoons arils from 1 POM Wonderful Pomegranate or POM POMS fresh pomegranate arils
- Whipped cream
- Shelled, chopped pistachios
- Prepare fresh pomegranate juice.*
- Mix gelatin and sugar in a heavy saucepan, reserve.
- Whisk egg yolks and water together; stir into gelatin mixture.
- Cook over medium-low heat (do not boil), stirring constantly until gelatin and sugar dissolve, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in pomegranate and lemon juices.
- Refrigerate pomegranate mixture, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon, about 2 1/2 hours.
- When pomegranate mixture is ready, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; thoroughly fold into pomegranate mixture. Reserve.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form; reserve 6 tablespoons for garnish. Carefully fold remaining whipped cream into pomegranate mixture.
- Divide mixture among six 8-oz. parfait glasses; chill at least 4 hours.
- Prepare garnish:
- Score 1 fresh pomegranate and place in a bowl of water.
- Break open the pomegranate underwater to free the arils (seed sacs).
- The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top.
- Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of the arils from fruit and set aside.
- (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)
- To serve this pomegranate recipe garnish each parfait with a dollop of whipped cream; sprinkle with chopped nuts and pomegranate arils.
*For 1 cups of juice, cut 2-3 large POM Wonderful Pomegranates in half and juice them with a citrus reamer or juicer.
Pour mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve. Set the juice aside.
Thanks, POM Wonderful!