These Asparagus-Fontina Pizzettes with Bacon look SO delicous! These are great for breakfast, brunch or even breakfast-for-dinner.
|Asparagus-Fontina Pizzettes with Bacon||
- 8 ounce(s) asparagus, trimmed
- 6 ounce(s) shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed with press
- 1 1/2 pound(s) pizza dough, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 5 slice(s) bacon
- 6 ounce(s) Fontina cheese, grated
- 6 large eggs
- Arrange oven racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Lightly grease two 18-inch by 12-inch jelly-roll pans.
- Slice asparagus on an angle into 2-inch pieces. Transfer to large bowl, along with mushrooms, oil, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Toss until well coated.
- Divide dough into 6 balls.
- On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll and press 1 dough ball into 6-inch round; place on prepared pan. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Evenly divide asparagus mixture among rounds, creating well in center of each.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown, switching pans halfway through.
- Meanwhile, place bacon on paper-towel-lined plate. Cover with 2 sheets paper towel.
- Microwave on High 4 to 6 minutes or until beginning to crisp. Cool slightly; tear bacon into small pieces.
- Sprinkle pizzettes with bacon and Fontina. Bake 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Carefully crack eggs directly onto centers of pizzettes. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until whites are opaque and set, switching pans halfway through.
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt; serve warm.
If you family is like mine and does not like their eggs over-easy then make scrambled eggs and bake for only 3-4minutes instead of 6-8.
Thanks, Good House Keeping!