Myself and 24 other fabulous bloggers had to stay someplace while we were in Orlando Helping to Save the Chimpanzee’s with Jane Goodall. They could have put us up any old place but we were so fortunate to be able to stay at Global Resort Homes!
Global Resort Homes is a vacation home company located in Florida, specializing in vacation home rentals for the Orlando and Kissimmee areas. They are an affordable, awesome alternative to a hotel when you’re traveling with a family and are NOT a timeshare company. They assist owners in renting out their homes during the year when they aren’t using them themselves and they have 2 bedroom to 7 bedroom options available that are sure to make you drool!
It was actually the perfect choice for our group because not only were 25 of us able to stay in 3 beautiful homes right next door to one another, but it allowed us to bond, throw dinner parties, have pillow fights and bake cookies.
I stayed in the “main” house at 2582 Archfeld Blvd, a beautiful 6 bedroom 4 bath 2,812 sq feet unit that can actually sleep 12 in style – located just a short 1.5 miles from Walt Disney World. With 3 king bedrooms, 1 queen bedroom, and 2 twin bedrooms, there was plenty of room for all 6 of us and all our gadgets (yes, there was wi-fi!). We also had our own swimming pool and jacuzzi – so perfect to soak in after a long day of saving Chimpanzee‘s. :) All but 2 of the bedrooms have their own bathroom, but the shared bathroom layout was PERFECT. The shower was separate from the double sinks which were also separate from the toilet. So even though 3 of us “shared” it, it was never really “occupied”.
What I love most about Global Resort Homes is that they feel like…well, home! Our house had a large kitchen that could have hosted the Iron Chef, spacious dining and living areas as well as full size washers and dryers. Not only are these amenities nice to have, but they will save you money! You won’t have to worry about eating out every night and you can keep some staples in the kitchen for whipping up meals to eat there or bring along on your day adventures. Plus, having a washer and dryer allows you to pack less, which not only saves you a headache but cuts down on baggage fees for long vacations too :)
While the inside may feel like home, the outside is anything but! Windsor Hills (where we stayed) is a beautiful gated community that has something for every age. Take the kids to the children’s playground, get your sweat on in the state-of-the-art fitness center, bump-set-spike in the sand volleyball courts, shoot some hoops, play tennis, bring a blanket and pillow to the 40-seat movie theatre, and so much more! What, the pool at your own house not exciting enough for you? The community pool has a WATER SLIDE!
Try picturing this – you and your spouse take your 2 kids to Walt Disney World..
Option A – staying at a hotel
- cramped in a hotel room with 2 queen beds
- your children jumping from one bed to another
- the TV constantly on a show made for kids aged 10 and under
- clothing, toys, shoes, the pet turtle (that you haven’t seen in days) all strewn about the floor
- a week’s worth of fried fast food topped with funnel cake that costs you $120/meal (ok, so I’m exaggerating, slightly)
- trying to read your book by the light of your cell phone so that you don’t wake the kids that *finally* just fell asleep
- only a cheap coffee pot with even cheaper coffee holding your sanity together
Option B- staying at Global Resort Homes
- a separate bedroom for everyone – even your kids
- more TVs than you can shake a stick at
- a fully stocked kitchen to make healthy meals and keep your budget down
- heading out to the parks early, coming home for lunch and a swim at the pool along with a nice little nap
- heading back out to the parks in the early evening once all the sunburnt, exhausted families have gone home to run around and get on any ride you want, without the lines
- packing less because you have your own washer and dryer
- not having to share a bathroom!
Maybe it’s just me, but the choice seems pretty clear! So when you’re planning your family vacation in the Orlando or Kissimmee area, please, think of Timmy the Turtle. He deserves a vacation too.
Thank you to Disney for sponsoring this amazing trip and to Global Resort Homes for their generosity in giving 25 bloggers a home away from home while we enjoyed Kissimmee, Floria. No compensation was received for this post and all thoughts and opinions are mine.