This delicious Cheesy Potato Gratin recipe is great for Easter or any “bring a dish” dinner!
|Delicious Cheesy Potato Gratin||
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar $
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese $
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour $
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, sliced crosswise 1/4-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and place on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Combine three cheeses in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle flour over and toss to coat.
- Arrange half of potatoes, overlapping, over bottom of baking dish.
- Season with 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Dot with half of butter.
- Sprinkle half of cheese mixture on top.
- Cover with remaining potatoes and dot with remaining butter.
- Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Bring milk to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour over potatoes.
- Cover dish with foil and bake until potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes.(Don’t worry if mixture looks curdled at this point.)
- Remove foil, sprinkle remaining cheese mixture on top and bake, uncovered, until potatoes are very tender and top is golden brown and bubbling, about 45 minutes longer.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Thanks, All You!