Single cup coffee brewers seem to be all the rage lately, don’t they? I’ll admit – when I first heard of them, I actually thought they were just plain silly. Now, after having tried a couple, I don’t ever want to go back to a regular 10-12 cup maker with filters and coffee grounds and washing out carafes – yucko. My life is all about efficiency and convenience now and these single cup brewers definitely fit that bill!
I’ve had my eye on Tassimo for a while now and was absolutely thrilled at the chance to review one. The Tassimo T20 Brewbot by Bosch has a lot of the features I’m looking for in a single server brewer like:
- * The ability to make a wide variety of beverages other than plain coffee like tea, cappuccino, latte, iced coffee, espresso and hot cocoa
- * Adjustable to accommodate variety of cup and mug sizes
- * Large water reservoir avoiding the need to constantly refill
- * Quick and quiet
- * Lightweight and not bulky
- * EASY TO CLEAN!
Let me pause here by saying I really love the design of this machine. It has a narrow/long footprint that is compact, yet still allows for a nice size water reservoir like this that will accommodate about 5-7 runs depending on what you are making.
The unit weighs just over 5.5 lbs and measures 7.88″ W x 11″ H x 11.75 D. It takes up just as much room as our old 12 cup full size coffee maker (but looks much cooler!)
It’s pretty simple to use, having only an on/off switch and basically one button to press. While brewing, a green cup with steam above it (shown in the picture – it is on the left, NOT illuminated) will be lit.
When you insert a TDisc, Smart bar code technology allows the brewer to adjust each beverage with the proper temperature pressure and the perfect amount of water. So when it is “finished”, this second green light with the plus sign above it will light up for a short amount of time. This gives you the opportunity to adjust the strength of your beverage by asking it to run more water through the TDisc filter. To do so, just press and hold the large button until desired amount of extra water comes through.
*NOTE* I’ve noticed a “lag” time in which it takes a few seconds after you press and hold the button for water to come through. It will also continue to run a bit of water after you have let go, so I recommend doing the “early release” where you let go about 3 seconds early or else too much water will come through. (Hope that makes sense)
As you can see, the machine will also let you know when the water level in the reservoir is low and needs to be refilled. The machine actually will not run if this light is on. It will automatically disappear as soon as you put in enough water.
Bosch actually has an exclusive and energy efficient flow-through water heater that ensures virtually no pre-heat time and less waiting time between drinks, since it heats only the water needed per beverage.
It takes about a minute to brew a beverage and cleanup is virtually non-existent. Simply remove the used TDisc (it has the filter inside) and toss. The unit punches two holes in the disc so on occasion, there is a small amount of liquid that needs to be wiped up on the staging area where you place the disc (as seen in the background of this picture.) It’s very easy to do and just takes a swipe.
The only other spot that I have found needs a quick swipe is the silver spout that dispenses into your mug.
I have made probably about 40+ beverages so far, and I have yet to have to clean the cup housing. But if I needed to, they did a GREAT job on design. Not only can you can remove the adjustable cup holder stand (the smaller roundish portion that says Tassimo – it has 2 positions so it can hold regular mugs and also small espresso cups), but the protective shield casing as well (just in case you really have a bad spill) and it can all be thrown in the dishwasher!
*NOTE* You can actually purchase replacement inserts in different colors so you can “customize” the look of your machine! They have the BoschT20 Brewer Color Kit in red, blue and green.
Tassimo offers more than 40 beverage and flavor varieties to satisfy everyone – from 13 distinctive beverage brands, including Milka, Gevalia, Maxwell House, Suchard, Mastro Lorenzo, Twining’s , Kenco, Jacob’s, TAZO, Nabob, Carte Noire, Seattle’s Best Coffee and Starbucks.
The only “dislike” I have for this machine is that due to the very unique nature of the TDiscs, there is no way to use your own coffee grounds to brew a cup (other systems have refillable/reusable filter accessories that allow you to do this). Thus, you are “stuck” with buying the TDiscs (which run about $0.40 per cup).
The wonderful people over at Tassimo would love to give one lucky Crazy Coupon Mommy or Sisterly Savings Reader the chance to win their very own Bosch T20 Brewbot!
How do I enter?
PLEASE read and follow directions!! Must be over 18 to enter. US residents only.
Just complete the one mandatory entry below that is highlighted in the blue box – that’s it!
MANDATORY ENTRY – You MUST at minimum do this 1 task to enter. If you do not do this, none of the bonus entries (if you choose to do them) will count and they WILL BE DELETED.
Leave a comment below letting me know what you liked best or found most informative about my review.
LOTS OF WAYS TO GET BONUS ENTRIES!! (This section is OPTIONAL and just a way for you to earn extra entries into the giveaway!)
Once you have completed the above mandatory entry, you can do as many of the below as you like for extra entries Good luck! Please leave one comment per task completed. (ie, if you do three of the following, you should leave three SEPARATE comments)
- Subscribe to Crazy Coupon Mommy via RSS Reader or email
- “Like” CCM on Facebook
- “Like” Tassimo on Facebook
- Follow CCM on Twitter
- Follow Tassimo on Twitter
- Look at the Gold Box Deals here and then come back here and leave a comment below telling me what your favorite deal is. (You can do this once daily for extra entries!)
- Join NoMoreRack (enter code P1070 under Gift Cards in Your Account to get a free $10 credit too!)
- Join MyLikes
- Join ItsThoughtful.com (don’t forget to confirm by clicking the link in the email you get)
- Submit this giveaway to ANY online giveaway Linky (go here for a list. choose any site listed under what day today is.) and leave a link to where you listed it! (Do this daily for unlimited extra entries!)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook by clicking on the Share button on the pink toolbar you see at the bottom of your screen.
- “Like” this giveaway on Facebook by clicking on the “Like” button on the pink toolbar you see at the bottom of your screen.
- Enter any other open giveaway on my site and leave a comment saying which one you entered!
- Tweet about this giveaway (just click on the retweet button at the very top right corner of this page – all the way up at the top! (You can do this daily for extra entries! Just leave a comment each day you complete this task)
- Become a public follower of Crazy Coupon Mommy (Scroll all the way down to bottom of this page and look for this button
- Share this giveaway on your blog (or if you don’t have a blog, share it on a forum you belong to (BabyCenter, WhatToExpect, Bump, etc) and leave a comment with a link to your post (this earns you 3 entries! Be sure to leave a separate comment for each!)
- Got a blog or webpage? Place my link button on your site and leave the URL of where I can see it.
***IMPORTANT*** You need to leave a separate comment for each of the above that you complete. Each comment acts as one entry, so if you only leave one comment saying “I did 1-3 above” then you’ll only get ONE entry instead of the 3 you deserve!
Contest will end 1/22/2011 at 11:59pm PST. The winner will be chosen randomly via computer using “And the Winner is…” WordPress Plugin or Random.org. Winner will be notified by a blog post (so be sure to subscribe to my newsletter so that you don’t miss the winner announcement!). Winner must respond within 48 hours or another random winner will be chosen. Winner also must agree to submitting a video to CCM within 2 weeks after receiving their chosen bounce house.
Many thanks to Tassimo who provided me with product for the purpose of this review, as well as one to giveaway to a randomly selected winner. I was not required to write a positive review and no other type of compensation was received. My reviews are always 100% honest and 100% my own.