But did you know that they actually offer more than just plain table salt? (like Specialty Salt, Season-All, Ice Melters, Water Softening Salt and Pool Salt too!) When I was a kid, I never even knew there were different kinds of salt – salt was just, well salt. But if you take a look in my spice cupboard now, you’ll see I’m a HUGE fan of seasonings and I probably have about 20 different varieties of salt in there. They each have there very own purpose in the kitchen.
Morton Salt was kind enough to send me a Morton Salt pack of goodies to try out myself – and perfect timing because I just ran out! I received quite a few to try out:
- * Season-All Brand Seasoned Salts – this particular salt has always been my favorite to use on French Fries. With a little bit of everything and a little kick of spice – it’s also really good mixed in hamburger meat with some basil, onion, garlic and mushroom
- * Nature’s Seasons Seasoning Blend – I actually had never tried this one before, but was very happy to receive it. It smells delish – the main ingredients and flavors in this one are salt, pepper, onion, garlic, celery and parsley. It would go perfectly on fish, steamed vegetables or a salad!
- * Morton Coarse Kosher Salt – this is a staple in my kitchen and my favorite use is as a rub on meat
- * Morton Sea Salt Grinders (regular plain and roasted garlic) – oh boy, my mouth is just watering talking about these. I’m a big fan of fresh ground salt (and pepper). I love that these come with their own built in grinders (so convenient!) and my all time favorite is definitely the Roasted Garlic Sea Salt Grinder. It has a few other little spices mixed in too so it’s great to sprinkle over just about anything that needs flavor.
- *Morton Sea Salts (Natural, Coarse and Fine) – I prefer using sea salt to table salt. It has much more flavor with being less “salty” (does that even make sense?) Unlike table salt, which is mined from land-based sources, natural sea salt does not contain added sugar, anti-caking ingredients or potassium iodide.
Morton Salt just launched a brand new Facebook page and to celebrate, they are running a cool contest called “What’s your Morton Salt Secret?”. All you have to do is share a photo of your best nifty tip, trick or use of Morton Salt. The grand prize winner will receive a $1,000 AMEX gift card! Runners-up will win a Morton Salt Prize Pack. Contest ends 1/10/11.
So what’s your super awesome unique way to use Morton Salt around the house? Mine is nothing new – but if you’re a grilled steak lover it’s a necessity – especially on a budget. The BEST steaks come from a very simple trick – no need to buy the best quality or the best cut. This is perfect for when you are cutting costs at the grocery store and buy less than “choice” cuts of meat but still want your steak to be A+++. Just coat your steaks in fresh coarse ground pepper and kosher salt about 1 hour before throwing on the grill. Don’t be stingy – make sure those puppies are COVERED in it. Wait 1 hour and then rinse them off in the sink. Yep – wash it all down the drain. Pat them dry then grill to a beautiful medium-rare. Tada – you’ve got yourself a steak that any restaurant would be proud of.
Be sure to head on over and enter your trick over at the “What’s your Morton Salt Secret?” contest for a chance at the big money and then also enter here on my blog for a chance at a great Morton Salt Prize Package!
One Lucky Crazy Coupon Mommy Reader Will Win:
Season-All Brand Seasoned Salts
Nature’s Seasons Seasoning Salt
Morton Coarse Kosher Salt
Morton Sea Salt Grinders
Morton Sea Salts
Morton Salt Stadium Blanket
Morton Salt Coffee Mug
Morton Salt Dog Treats
Coupons for additional Morton Salt products!
How do I enter?
PLEASE read and follow directions!! Must be over 18 to enter. US residents only.
Just complete the one mandatory entry below that is highlighted in the blue box – that’s it!
MANDATORY ENTRY – You MUST at minimum do this 1 task to enter. If you do not do this, none of the bonus entries (if you choose to do them) will count and they WILL BE DELETED.
Leave a comment below letting me know what your salt household tip is!
LOTS OF WAYS TO GET BONUS ENTRIES!! (This section is OPTIONAL and just a way for you to earn extra entries into the giveaway!)
Once you have completed the above mandatory entry, you can do as many of the below as you like for extra entries Good luck! Please leave one comment per task completed. (ie, if you do three of the following, you should leave three SEPARATE comments)
- Subscribe to Crazy Coupon Mommy via RSS Reader
- Subscribe to Crazy Coupon Mommy via email
- Click this button to be my Facebook Buddy :)
- Like Morton Salt on Facebook
- Click this button to follow me on Twitter
- Join NoMoreRack (enter code P1070 under Gift Cards in Your Account to get a free $10 credit too!)
- Join MyLikes
- Submit this giveaway to ANY online giveaway Linky (go here for a list. choose any site listed under what day today is.) and leave a link to where you listed it! Do this daily for unlimited extra entries!
- Share this giveaway on Facebook by clicking on the Share button on the pink toolbar you see at the bottom of your screen.
- Click this button to like my blog!
- Enter any other open giveaway on my site and leave a comment saying which one you entered!
- Tweet about this giveaway (just click on the retweet button at the very top right corner of this page – all the way up at the top! You can do this daily for extra entries! Just leave a comment each day you complete this task)
- Become a public follower of Crazy Coupon Mommy (Scroll all the way down to bottom of this page and look for this button
- Share this giveaway on your blog (or if you don’t have a blog, share it on a forum you belong to (BabyCenter, WhatToExpect, Bump, etc) and leave a comment with a link to your post (this earns you 3 entries! Be sure to leave a separate comment for each!)
- Got a blog or webpage? Place my link button on your site and leave the URL of where I can see it.
***IMPORTANT*** You need to leave a separate comment for each of the above that you complete. Each comment acts as one entry, so if you only leave one comment saying “I did 1-3 above” then you’ll only get ONE entry instead of the 3 you deserve!
Contest will end 1/10/2011 at 11:59pm PST. The winner will be chosen randomly via computer using “And the Winner is…” WordPress Plugin or Random.org. Winner will be notified by a blog post (so be sure to subscribe to my newsletter so that you don’t miss the winner announcement!). Winner must respond within 48 hours or another random winner will be chosen. Winner also must agree to submitting a video to CCM within 2 weeks after receiving their chosen bounce house.
Many thanks to Morton Salt who provided me with a sample package for the purpose of this review, as well as 1 to giveaway to a randomly selected winner. I was not required to write a positive review and no other type of compensation was received. My reviews are always 100% honest and 100% my own.