Last week, I received an email from Michael Angelo’s Gourmet Foods saying, “As a busy mom, I’m sure you have days when the last thing you want to do is cook dinner. During these times, when the local fast food chain is calling your name, you can instead prepare wholesome, crowd-pleasing meals with Michael Angelo’s Gourmet Foods.” While I was reading this, all I could do is giggle to myself because, as a busy mom, that just happens to be EXACTLY what I do!
I’ve been a fan of Michael Angelo’s frozen dinner entrees for years. Not only because they are often on sale and you can usually find coupons in the paper, but because their Italian entree’s actually taste GOOD. Made with natural ingredients found in the average Italian mom’s kitchen and “as good as homemade”, they really are an easy and great tasting substitute on those busy or I’m-Just-Too-Tired evenings.
They are also family owned and operated, which may be why they don’t have that typical “frozen tv dinner” taste! Just take a look at this YouTube clip where Sara Agnello, Michael Angelo’s mom, welcomes you to The Family Table – it shows the “family warmth” and pride this company offers consumers. I think it’s great!
Ben always snubs his nose at any “frozen” meal and swears he “can tell the difference”. But I’ll let you in on a little secret. I will usually saute up some fresh onion and mushrooms to add to the meal (so that it’s all mixed together on the stove when he gets home) and you can bet your tootie patooties that he has no idea I that I didn’t make it from scratch!
I also do this with the Chicken Alfredo. I will saute up some garlic and tomatoes to add to the dish and serve it with a Caesar Salad and presto – I slaved away all day in the kitchen for you babe AND took care of your son :)
Here’s a tip: Sign up for Michael Angelo’s Family Table and you’ll get deals, specials and coupons!
Michael Angelo’s promise is: “We will never include artificial colors, flavors, fillers, chemical preservatives or other unnatural additives in our foods” which I really value as Whistler comes into the age where he wants to eat what I’m eating.
With this kind of promise, I can feel ok with “cheating” on dinner by serving Michael Angelo’s AND letting Whistler have some too because I know it’s almost as good as me making it myself :)
If you care to delve a little deeper into Michael Angelo’s, they were featured on Food Network’s “Unwrapped” and you can view a short video clip of that here.
The super nice folks over at Michael Angelo’s would love to give one lucky reader an awesome dinner prize pack that includes 6 coupons redeemable for 3 single serve entrees & 3 family size entrees! (A total value of $43!) (NOTE: These coupons expire 12/31/10 so be sure to use them right away!)
How do I enter?
PLEASE follow directions!! Entering the giveaway is not hard – but if you do not complete the MANDATORY entry FIRST, your comments/entries will be deleted. If you have any questions about how to enter, please contact me…or just look at the comments above you and you will get the idea!
Just complete each of the following tasks and leave a comment for your entry(s)! Please leave one comment per task completed. (ie, if you do three of the following, you should leave three SEPARATE comments) Must be over 18 to enter. US residents only.
MANDATORY ENTRY – You MUST do this FIRST. If you do not do this, none of the other entries below will count and they WILL BE DELETED.
- Leave a comment below letting me know if you’ve had a Michael Angelo’s product before and what you thought of it (be honest!).
LOTS OF WAYS TO GET BONUS ENTRIES!! (This section is OPTIONAL and just a way for you to earn extra entries into the giveaway!)
Once you have completed the above mandatory entry, you can do as many of the below as you like for extra entries Good luck! Please leave one comment per task completed. (ie, if you do three of the following, you should leave three SEPARATE comments)
- Subscribe to Crazy Coupon Mommy via RSS Reader or email
- Follow CCM on Twitter
- Follow Michael Angelo’s on Twitter
- “Like” CCM on Facebook
- “Like” Michael Angelo’s on Facebook
- Submit this giveaway to ANY online giveaway Linky (go here for a list. choose any site listed under what day today is.) and leave a link to where you listed it! Do this daily for unlimited extra entries!
- Share this giveaway on Facebook by clicking on the Share button on the pink toolbar you see at the bottom of your screen.
- “Like” this giveaway on Facebook by clicking on the “Like” button on the pink toolbar you see at the bottom of your screen.
- Enter any other open giveaway on my site and leave a comment saying which one you entered!
- Tweet about this giveaway (just click on the retweet button at the very top right corner of this page – all the way up at the top! You can do this daily for extra entries! Just leave a comment each day you complete this task)
- Become a public follower of Crazy Coupon Mommy (Scroll all the way down to bottom of this page and look for this button
- Share this giveaway on your blog (or if you don’t have a blog, share it on a forum you belong to (BabyCenter, WhatToExpect, Bump, etc) and leave a comment with a link to your post (this earns you 3 entries! Be sure to leave a separate comment for each!)
- Got a blog or webpage? Place my link button on your site and leave the URL of where I can see it.
***IMPORTANT*** You need to leave a separate comment for each of the above that you complete. Each comment acts as one entry, so if you only leave one comment saying “I did 1-3 above” then you’ll only get ONE entry instead of the 3 you deserve!
Contest will end 12/20/2010 at 5pm PST. One winner will be chosen randomly via computer using “And the Winner is…” WordPress Plugin or Random.org. Winner will be notified by a blog post (so be sure to subscribe to my newsletter so that you don’t miss the winner announcement!). Winner must respond within 48 hours or another random winner will be chosen.
Many thanks to Michael Angelo’s who provided me with product for the purpose of this review, as well as a prize package to giveaway to a randomly selected winner. I was not required to write a positive review and no other type of compensation was received. My reviews are always 100% honest and 100% my own.