This post is part of the Sizzlin’ Summer Sweeps – 31 Days of Giveaways for July 2010, brought to you by Crazy Coupon Mommy and Sisterly Savings! Make sure you check out all the other awesome giveaways you can enter!
*This giveaway had 1,118 comments/entries. They have been archived and removed from this post to help maintain proper website performance.*
My little man has just mastered the art of eating food off a spoon. During the last 2 months, when it was time to eat I’ve been putting him in one of those foam formed seats that help babies sit up by offering support. It has a little tray attachment so it was great for him, but horrible for me and my back since the safest place for him to sit in this seat was on the floor.
So I was beyond happy when offered the opportunity to try out the Boon Flair High Chair. My first impressions from the Boon, Inc. website were “Wow!” Welcome to the high chair where chic meets function, and being a mom (or dad) means envy! This thing definitely has style! Question is, is that all it has?
It sat by the wayside for two days, and each time I walked by I kept thinking to myself, “Boy that looks cool!”. I think I must have said at least four times, “And it’s got a pneumatic lift too!” to Ben. I just wanted to make sure he was aware of how cool this thing was so that maybe he’d find the time to put it together *soon*.
Well, *soon* came and went and I could finally stand it no longer. It was just about time to feed Whistler some breakfast and I had it in my mind that I would put it together myself, and start the day off right.
I expected to devote up to an hour on this thing, I had no idea what I was getting into but I figured it would not be easy, give the weight and size. I quickly cut open the box to reveal basically 5 pieces.
The seat, the support pole, the base, the tray and an extra tray liner. Oh and 7 screws.
I’ll just cut to the chase.
Let me back track and say that I opened the box at 9:20am.
This was the scene at 9:32am.
So 7 screws and 12 minutes later, I had a happy, hungry baby boy ready to eat out of his very first high chair! And by 9:45am…
Ok, so it was super easy to put together. What else?
- Well, I really like the one-piece construction of the seat. Makes it super easy to clean up because there are no cracks or crevices for food to fall into.
- I love the clear tray insert. Smart thinking! This also makes for super easy cleanup and you even get an extra tray insert to use just in case you haven’t had time to wash the one from last feeding yet (you know, because thats all we do all day…do dishes, right? shyeah.) The tray itself has a bi-directional locking mechanism which makes it sturdy and unmovable even by the most skilled little prying hands!
- There is a 5 point safety harness to strap the little guy in nice and tight along with a soft removable foam cushion that is easy to wipe down as well.
- And ah, the pneumatic lift. I like how the chair goes up and down at the push of a button, but I have to admit, it isn’t as smooth as I thought it would be. I’m sure a little grease will fix that right up (once again, this is boy stuff so I haven’t gotten around to doing that yet!)
- It has casters on the bottom that make it very easy to move around (even on carpet!) and a brake to keep it still on tile or wood floors.
Other than the lift being a little bit sticky, my overall impression of this high chair is 5 Stars! Even better is when people come over to the house, its the first thing they notice :) Plus my little man reminds me of Buck Rogers in it…makes me wanna say Bee-Dee-Bee-Deep all day!
PS. 10% of Boon’s profits are donated to Children’s Charities. That’s pretty darn cool too!
Wanna win it?
Boon, Inc. has generously offered a giveaway for one lucky Crazy Coupon Mommy/Sisterly Savings reader to win!
One Boon Flair High Chair ($229.99 value) in the pink/white color scheme shown at the top of this post!!
How do I enter?
PLEASE follow directions!! Entering the giveaway is not hard – but if you do not complete the MANDATORY entry FIRST, your comments/entries will be deleted. If you have any questions about how to enter, please contact me…or just look at the comments above you and you will get the idea!
Just complete each of the following tasks and leave a comment for your entry(s)! Please leave one comment per task completed. (ie, if you do three of the following, you should leave three SEPARATE comments) Must be over 18 to enter. US residents only.
* Please visit the Boon, Inc. website and then come back here and leave a comment letting me know what is your favorite Boon product!
LOTS OF WAYS TO GET BONUS ENTRIES!! Once you have completed the above mandatory entry, you can do as many of the below as you like for extra entries Good luck!
- Follow Boon on Twitter
- Like Boon on Facebook AND be sure to let them know CrazyCouponMommy.com sent you and thank them for sponsoring this giveaway by leaving a post on their wall!
- Sign up to receive Boon’s newsletter via their blog
- Subscribe to Crazy Coupon Mommy via RSS Reader or email
- Subscribe to SisterlySavings via RSS Reader or email
- Follow CCM on Twitter
- Follow SS on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway (just click on the retweet button at the very bottom of this post just above the comment form. You can do this daily for extra entries! Just leave a comment each day you complete this task)
- “Like” SS on Facebook
- “Like” CCM on Facebook
- Vote for me on TopMommyBlogs (Be sure to click on words that say “Click here to vote”) (You can do this daily for extra entries! Just leave a comment each date you vote.)
- Vote for Whistler here (You can do this daily for extra entries! Just leave a comment each date you vote.)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook by clicking on the Share button below in the comment form!
- Share this giveaway on Google by clicking on the Buzz button below in the comment form!
- Become a public follower of Crazy Coupon Mommy (Scroll all the way down to bottom of this page and look for this button
- Blog about this giveaway and leave a comment with a link to your blog post (this earns you 3 entries! Be sure to leave a separate comment for each!)
- Got a blog or webpage? Place my link button on your site and leave the URL of where I can see it.
***IMPORTANT*** You need to leave a separate comment for each of the above that you complete. Each comment acts as one entry, so if you only leave one comment saying “I did 1-3 above” then you’ll only get ONE entry instead of the 3 you deserve!
Contest will end Tuesday, August 3, 2010 at 11:59pm PST. The winner will be chosen randomly via computer using “And the Winner is…” WordPress Plugin. Winner will be notified by e-mail and a blog post (so be sure to subscribe to my newsletter so that you don’t miss the winner announcement!). Winner must respond within 48 hours or another random winner will be chosen.
Many thanks to Boon, Inc. who provided me with a sample for the purpose of this review, as well as one giveaway to a randomly selected winner. No other type of compensation was received. This has no bearing on my completely honest review and the opinions expressed are 100% my own.
Yay! Our Giveaway has been awarded editor’s pick on Prizey!
Thank you to all who voted for us and shared great interest in this giveaway!!