What is a coupon train?
A coupon train is an envelope filled with non-expired coupons that is sent between riders. When you receive the “train”, take which coupons you will use and replace those with coupons for your fellow passengers. You then mail it to the next address on the list.
Rules for Train Riders:
1. Take only the coupons you need.
2. Replace the number of coupons you take.
3. Try to include coupons that fall on the WANT list. (See the enclosed mailing list for more details.)
4. Do not include coupons with expiration dates within 10 days, unless you know the next rider can use them before they expire. (Feel free to PM riders on your train or post on your given thread.)
5. Mail out PACKING LIST + AT LEAST 40 COUPONS to the next rider on the list within 3 days.
6. **Report to Deals4Dummies upon receiving the packet and after packet has been mailed out again. Post the status (received/sent) in your train #’s thread!! (This is very important)**
7. Provide enough postage as to not to delay (or perhaps derail) the train (40 coupons + packing list = 1 stamp.)
8. Have fun and save lots of money!!!
How do I join a train?
To sign up for a coupon train, please post a comment in the Join A Train Here thread. We will then contact you, via email for your mailing information and wish list. (or, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com).
Can I be on a train, even though I don’t get a newspaper?
ABSOLUTELY! If you don’t receive a paper, there are other ways to get coupons. Find someone who does get the paper and ask them to save the coupons for you if they don’t use them. You may also print off coupons from the internet. You also can often find blinkies, tear pads with coupons, or coupons affixed to the outside of items at the grocery store, or inside packaging!!
Why has my reply here been deleted?
To keep our sanity, we will delete your request in the “Join A Train” thread after you have been contacted to get your personal information. We do make mistakes – so if your post is no longer here, and you haven’t heard from us, please reply again.
What if I haven’t seen my train in a while?
Please contact us via email and we will contact all the riders on the train to find out where the train stopped. If the train seems to have derailed, we will restart a new train with only riders who wish to continue.
How many coupons should I send in a train?
As many as you want with a minim of 40 as that is ONE stamp!! But try not to duplicate coupons, 3 of the same coupons maximum, UNLESS they are on someone’s wish list. Also watch those expired coupons!! If they are close to being expired, please don’t send them!! They will just waste postage, and become useless for the next recipient. It’s up to you how many coupons you send. Just be sure to affix proper postage!!
Thank you and have fun!!